Prohibition of E-mail Address Collection
Nuclear Nonproliferation Education and Research Center
Please note that e-mail addresses published on this Website must not be collected by anyone through electronic mail collecting programs or other technical measures without proper and prior approval, and that any violation of this rule will be subject to criminal punishment under the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection. Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection」 [Mar 23, 2013] [Act No. 11690, Mar 23, 2013]Article 50-2 (Prohibition on Unauthorized Collection of Electronic Mail Addresses)
- (1) No one may collect electronic mail addressed from an internet homepage without prior consent of the operator or manager of the internet homepage automatically by a program for collecting electronic mail addresses or any other technical device.
- (2) No one may sell or distribute electronic mail addresses collected in violation of paragraph (1)
- (3) No one may knowingly use an electronic mail address, the collection, sale, and distribution of which are prohibited pursuant to paragraphs (1) and (2), in transmitting information [This Article Wholly Amended, Jun 13, 2008]
(1) A person falling under any of the following subparagraphs shall be punished by imprisonment with prison labor for not more than one year or by a fine not exceeding 10 million Korean won:
- 1. A person who put any similar label on a product or sells a product bearing any similar label, or who displays such product with intent to sell it, in violation of Article 8(4)
- 2. A person who distributes, sells, lends, or openly displays any obscene codes, letters, sound, images, or motion pictures in violation of Article 44-7(1) 1;
- 3. A person who makes any codes, letters, sound, images, or motion pictures arousing fear or apprehensions reach another person repeatedly in violation of Article 44-7(1) 3;
- 4. A person who takes any technical measures in violation of Article 50(6);
- 5. A person who collects, sells, circulates any electronic mail address, or who uses any electronic mail address in transmitting information, in violation of Article 50-2;
- 6. A person who transmits any advertising information in violation of Article 50-8;
- 7. A person who fails to file for a revision to registration, or who fails to file a report on transfer, acquisition, merger, or inheritance of business, in violation nof Article 53(4).
(2) The public prosecution may not prosecute the crime under paragraph(1) 3 against the victim’s will explicitly manifested. [This Article Wholly Amended, Jun 13, 2008]